Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Boomerang.

Yep that's me. I went out into the blue, spinning furiously, and just when it looks like there is no chance I will ever return....... I curved, lurched upwards one last time and came rushing back. It was a hell of a flight and at times I had no control over it. Scary but a little liberating at the same time.
So what does all that lyrical clap trap mean? It has been a long, long time since I have shared anything here and an even longer time since I actually wanted to share something here. It was a chore. It was laboured. Why now? Well things have, as they invariably do, changed. A lot.
I left my job of five years. I went to a risky, casual employment scenario. It meant I left the stress, the uncertainty and the anguish behind too. So far it has invigorated me and made me feel motivated and valued. As for the financial part? That's working out OK. The weight has lifted off my shoulders and my vest is back. I want to go ride a bike.
My plans are grandiose as always when it comes to riding and competing. Next year there are some serious IOU's in terms of pain and suffering to be cashed in and a whole bunch of proving that I am willing to fail in the pursuit of success. I have sat on my arse this year and made excuses for not racing. I love racing. I love competing. Stay tuned for the gory details of my successes and failures. It will be fun to watch.
This weekend I will race the Flight Centre Epic. Eighty seven kilometres of trying my guts out. There won't be any miraculous good result here. There's no training behind me to see that happen but there is a desire to go out and empty the tank. I'll give it everything and feel shattered come the end. I'll finish, and that will do for this year.
How far can I go in one year? Stick around and find out.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the sort of year I want in on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Denchy, you'll need to dust off that MTB and get soem dirt under your nails Princess. Love to have you along mate.

      Delete